Monday, June 14, 2010

My best friends wedding

I have been friends with B for over 16 years. He is such a special guy and one of my best friends. When he called from Afghanistan to say he was getting married to E I was so excited...then he told me the date...June 12th. I already had a wedding booked for this day and was not going to be able to make it. But B called everyone and changed his wedding to June 11th just so I could photograph it. I was so happy I was able to be part of B and E's wedding day. So these are a few photos from my little seven hour trip to Grand Marais, MN. This was the first part of my busy weekend. Thursday H, K and I left home at 6am, drove straight to GM brought our stuff into the house, promised B and E that it would NOT dare to rain, and headed into town to scout out a few locations.
Grand Marais is located on Lake Superior so most of the photographs were taken with the lake. B and E took their photos Thursday night and the weather was a dream, not to hot or cold, overcast with no hint of rain! I had so much fun with them that I think we stayed in town for two hours. (They may have been getting sick of photo...not me!)


E's parents and sister also came on the shoot with us.

Reflections are always fun.
H and K were more than just photography assistants this time. They both ran to the flower shop and made a bouquet for E. Here real flowers were coming on Friday but we needed something for the pictures on Thursday. Thanks guys for doing more than your job called for.



There was a side of a building that had tiles on it. I wanted to try some different things.
This is the road to the beautiful house we stayed at.

After the photos on Thursday we were able to just hang out. It was so much fun meeting E, since she was going to marry B. Friday morning we got up and P and A made a wonderful breakfast. THANKS! Then B's family started arriving around noon. The wedding was supposed to take place outside but the pouring rain decided that inside was best. So right after the wedding K H and I loaded the car and started our drive back home. We got in around midnight and off to sleep I went to wake up and photograph K and J's wedding starting at 8am! Pictures to come soon on that one.

Thank you so much B and E for letting me be a part of a special day in both of your lives. I love you both! See you guys in Michigan very soon I hope!

No comments: